What are your thoughts on motorway service stations, are they refreshing pit-stops? Or just, well, the pits?
Whether you’re hauling a 40-foot trailer or travelling on your holidays, most of us have stopped at a motorway service station before, and some stops are more pleasurable than others.
Transport Focus surveyed 9,600 customers at 111 motorway service stations on overall satisfaction, facilities and value for money.
Coming out on top is Norton Canes Services on the M6, receiving a 100% satisfaction rating.
Bottom of the list is Thurrock Services located on the M25, receiving a 68% satisfaction rating.
The Top-Rated Services
- Norton Canes – M6 Toll in Staffordshire
- Stafford Southbound – M6 in Staffordshire
- Wetherby – A1(M) in Yorkshire
- Hilton Park Southbound – M6 in Staffordshire
- Corley Southbound – M6 in Warwickshire
The Worst Rated Services
- Bridgwater – M5 in Somerset
- Newport Pagnell South – M1 in Buckinghamshire
- Southwaite Northbound – M6 in Cumbria
- Toddington Southbound – M1 in Bedfordshire
- Thurrock – M25 in Essex
The worst service station (Thurrock) has been described as “Gloriously ugly” receiving many users complaining that there were not enough parking spaces for lorries, with reviewers warning that the car park is a “free for all” and “an accident waiting to happen”.
So, do you agree with the list?
We sell a huge range of replacement truck & coach parts to fit a wide variety of brands at competitive prices.
Want to see more from VTP? Stay up to date by signing up to our newsletter (click here) to receive special offers, new product updates, news & more via email.
Or keep an eye on our News Page of the blog for more in depth articles (click here